Hope of Israel

Hope of Israel, Zion's army,
Children of the promised day,
See, the Chieftain signals onward,
And the battle's in array!

Hope of Israel, rise in might
With the sword of truth and right;
Sound the war-cry, "Watch and pray!"
Vanquish ev'ry foe today.

Friday, June 13, 2014

April 28, 2014

I probably only have 2 weeks left in Ontario! Crazy to think about! there is this boy that we have started teaching his name is Dillon, and he is only 11, and is very shy to doing somethings like praying or reading in front of people, but once he does it he feels good about and is just doing really great! his mom is less active, his dad is not a member, and is across the country for military, but his grandma that lives with them is semi active, she comes when she can but with her health its hard for her.  I can see the mom of the boy being interested though in the teachings we have been teaching her son, and she has been listening in on the discussions! :) I hope to be able to see her reactivated, and her son baptized! then when the father comes home hopefully he will be baptized as well!
 
As a missionary there is something I see more than anything, and that is families obviously.  I've been able to see how many different families function, and how the gospel effects each of there lives, as well as how those with out the gospel in there families are only tied together by small strings.  In the gospel we are sealed to our families, and we know that we will live with one another forever. the gospel blesses us to be happy as a family. When we are following the teachings of the savior and growing as a family in the gospel, we become so much stronger!  I love seeing how happy a family can be because of the gospel, and how that can help protect us from the outside world, when in our homes there is peace and joy.  I know what I want my family to be centered around when I have my own children.  I know that the gospel blesses our lives personally and especially our families lives! I hope you all have a great week!! :)
 
Elder Knighton

No comments:

Post a Comment