Hope of Israel

Hope of Israel, Zion's army,
Children of the promised day,
See, the Chieftain signals onward,
And the battle's in array!

Hope of Israel, rise in might
With the sword of truth and right;
Sound the war-cry, "Watch and pray!"
Vanquish ev'ry foe today.

Friday, June 13, 2014

February 18, 2014

This week is going to be hectic! I've been thrown on ice and I don't yet know how to skate! my skates aren't even on write! ;) i'm going to have to get my footing sometime soon. Transfers were this week, and Boswell and I are no longer companions.  I have a new companion whose name is Elder Horne, and he is really cool! he has only been out 6 weeks and hasn't been enjoying his mission so far because of his last few companions, and so hopefully I will be able to help him realize the growth that comes from being a servant of our Lord Jesus Christ :) I am also senior companion, and ive only been out for 3 months! its crazy! im honestly freaking out about it a little bit, just because im super worried about messing up, but I know the lord will always help us and wont leave us to fend for ourselves. I know I cant do this with out the Lord, and with out his guidance in my life, and I love being able to see that :) He is our loving Heavenly Father, and he won't let us down!  I gave the analogy the other day in a lesson of a small child trying to get a cookie from the top of a fridge.  lets say for a moment that we are this 2 year old child and the cookie on the fridge is our potential.  There are 4 things that the child does.  it can see that it is there, it tries reaches and falls, sits down and cries and realizes that he cant do on his own, and then goes to the father and asks for help reaching the cookie he cant get by himself.  Often times we do the same thing.  We can see that we are able to be better than we are, we know our potential to become like our heavenly father and live with him in the eternities forever. we try our best to reach for things that on our own we cannot obtain.  There is not one man on this earth save Christ that was perfect. We all need the help an assistance of his infinite atonement.  We try, we fall, we mess up, we look to the Lord for help, and his assistance is given to us.  Then the same thing happens again and again until finally we realize that we truly cannot successfully make it through this life with out the love and guidance of our heavenly father. He love each of us and is willing to help us out if we ask! But like the father of the 2 year old, as much as he would like to stand up from the get go, and give a cookie to the child, he does not. He waits, he watches carefully and rejoices when the child looks to him, and their relationship is strengthened.  That is when he helps his children. We cant just be handed things, they must be worked for, and when we take the time to follow our savior, we can slowly reach our full potential. Im going to be learning a lot this transfer! and I know the lord will help me through it all as long as I look to him! he loves me and he love each of you! I hope you all have a fantastic week, and I hope that analogy made sense haha it is a lot easier to say then to write down, that is for sure! love you all!
-Love Elder Knighton

No comments:

Post a Comment