Hope of Israel

Hope of Israel, Zion's army,
Children of the promised day,
See, the Chieftain signals onward,
And the battle's in array!

Hope of Israel, rise in might
With the sword of truth and right;
Sound the war-cry, "Watch and pray!"
Vanquish ev'ry foe today.

Friday, June 13, 2014

January 6, 2014

Hello everyone one!! I get to stay in Ontario for another transfer im so excited! I love the people here its great! :)  there are so many people I want to come back and visit after my  mission hahah ive made a big list! anyways, today I want to talk about one of God's most over looked commandments.  We find a lot of commandments, and things Jesus wants us to do in the scriptures, but everyone tends to look over the times when Jesus tells us to "Be of good cheer!"  In the church we can see plenty of people all with different types of personalities and ways of doing things, but one thing ive noticed the most is that those people who are doing what they should be doing, and are striving there best to progress, are generally the happiest. To me being happy is most definitely in my opinion an attribute that helps us to come closer to Christ. Its amazing how much a good attitude can affect the people around you! and also how much a bad one can have as well.  Something im kind of known for out here is always smiling and being happy, almost to the point where people think im a freak haha but I remember a sister Missionary from my MTC district said she had never seen me frown, or not being happy, which I was pretty proud of!  I remember a quote by President Hinckley, which said "In all of life have much fun and laughter! Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."  Everyone wants to be happy, its a simple fact of life.  Christ himself has told us to be so. So smile, laugh, enjoy life! if we have the attitude of trying our best to be happy, waking up in the morning and deciding that today is going to be a good day? odds are it will be! and always remember that the center of all happiness in our lives is Christ, the closer we are to him, the happier we will be. I love you all!! hope you have a marvelous week!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment